CMTA

We are excited to announce the new CMTA Forum at www.cmtausa.org/url/forum! Check it out, introduce yourself, and help grow and connect our community.

We'll keep this old forum online in read-only mode for a while, but we'll be taking it offline eventually, so please make sure to visit the new forum.

For your convenience, we've set up the new forum so that you can log in with the same username and password that you use to log in to the website at www.cmtausa.org as a registered member of the CMTA Online Community or as a Premium Member.

Just got the diagnosis

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    cmtausa.org Forum Index -> Diagnosis, Genetics, Inheritance
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cmtmom123

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:01 pm    Post subject: Just got the diagnosis Reply with quote

Finally

We just got the diagnosis of cmt2a nevouxmutation mitofusion 2. We are told that nobody in the world has this mutation. Is any body else like this? All my children have a form of the mutation, that is wopping 3 and a husband. And like cmt it effects them all differently.
Cathy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am glad you finally have a diagnosis but I have not heard of that type.

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T. S. Eliot
cs2thecox

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a weird mutation of type 2A as well. At first we thought I was the only one in the world but my neurologist did some research and it turns out there are 2 families in Spain with a very similar one - the same protein change but at a different location on the gene. I don't think it has a name yet!

The Spanish mutations are Arg364Gln and Arg94Gln, on MFN2. Mine is Arg1091Gln I think.
More here

Caroline
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    cmtausa.org Forum Index -> Diagnosis, Genetics, Inheritance All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: