CMTA

We are excited to announce the new CMTA Forum at www.cmtausa.org/url/forum! Check it out, introduce yourself, and help grow and connect our community.

We'll keep this old forum online in read-only mode for a while, but we'll be taking it offline eventually, so please make sure to visit the new forum.

For your convenience, we've set up the new forum so that you can log in with the same username and password that you use to log in to the website at www.cmtausa.org as a registered member of the CMTA Online Community or as a Premium Member.

My great idea! AFO covers

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    cmtausa.org Forum Index -> Surgery, Bracing, Footwear
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pam

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 9:06 am    Post subject: My great idea! AFO covers Reply with quote

I've been thinking about making and marketing a product that I made for my AFOs. Maybe others have done this too, but I have never seen these in any catalog, neither has my orthotist heard of them. I call them AFO socks. They don't go on your legs, they go over the tops of your AFO to allow you to wear short socks in the summer without the plastic making your legs sweat so much, and they make them warmer in winter. They are made out of thick cotton, have slits to accomodate your straps and are machine washable! I will make them for a custom fit to your AFOs with you providing a paper pattern of your AFO complete with where the straps are and how long you want them.
If this sounds interesting to you, let me know, and I may set up shop! Very Happy

Save lives! Be an organ and/or bone marrow donor!
Dana

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sounds like a really good idea Pam! Very Happy However, wouldn't it get hot in the summer?
-Dana
Pam

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess maybe I didn't explain it well enough. Laughing I doesn't go over your leg at all. It just slips over the top of the AFO and covers it. That way your leg isn't touching the plastic. Thanks for bringing this back up Very Happy

Save lives! Be an organ and/or bone marrow donor!
archivsister

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great idea Pamm,

I'll think about them. I have all these cute socks, I cant wear anymore Wink I miss them

JB
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    cmtausa.org Forum Index -> Surgery, Bracing, Footwear All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: